CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kt17

24th January 2020, 22:17
Hi Mathi

I read about interest in fiendish crosswords amongst Indian solvers - all adding to the bonds that join this cheerful interest.

If you know of others in your friendship/social groups who share your interest, please do direct them to this marvellous site.

My Peer Review challenge next week (Thursday) will have a strong Indian flavour, if that helps.

All the best,

Matthew
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

mathi

25th January 2020, 04:52
Thanks Matthew. Yes, cryptic crosswords are popular here in India and they appear in almost all the local English language newspapers. In fact, Guardian Everyman crosswords appear in a local newspaper called Hindu, every Sunday. But it appears after a delay of some two months. By then, the Everyman crossword answers are all available on the web, and the puzzle becomes somewhat boring and stale. That is why I started doing it directly on the Guardian website every week.

There are blog sites for every crossword here and this is the one I often refer to. I used to be active in this Hindu crossword blog some years ago. I get to do crosswords only on weekends since I am somewhat busy on other days. Thanks again for your interest.

https://thehinducrosswordcorner.blogspot.com/
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

mathi

25th January 2020, 10:31
You may also want to post about this in the Facebook group called Cryptic Crossword Society. Members there may be interested. Lot of them enjoy clueing too.
3 of 3  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @Mathi