CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

annobrain

14th December 2019, 14:43
St. Agnes??
11 of 22  -   Report This Post

aldobear

14th December 2019, 20:02
These are questions from Les Rendell's Christmas Quiz supporting Prostate Cancer UK which doesn't close until 31 January 2020. What a shame the OP couldn't be honest and say so?
12 of 22  -   Report This Post

quiztime

14th December 2019, 21:16
The prize seems to make them forgetful!
13 of 22  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th December 2019, 22:05
Sorry I tried to help, then
14 of 22  -   Report This Post

cerasus

15th December 2019, 09:43
Where, in the forum rules, does it mention anything to do with closing dates of quizzes? Nothing, as far as I can see.
This is from another forum regarding help with quizzes
"
Please be helpful and kind when offering answers, solutions and suggestions. Suggesting another user should “try harder,” will not be tolerated – quizzers of all abilities are free to use the website as they please."

I feel the same should apply here, unless the quiz setter has stipulated "do not ask for help on the internet"
Merry Christmas !

I am not a robot

15 of 22  -   Report This Post

quiztime

15th December 2019, 10:02
This site is called Crossword help forum though. If you are quoting AB which is for quizzes it also says give full details of the quiz. Are you wanting to turn this into another branch of AB then.
16 of 22  -   Report This Post

cerasus

15th December 2019, 10:13
This forum has always included quizzes (enter the word 'quiz' into the search box and you will see 70 pages of quiz questions starting in 2008)
17 of 22  -   Report This Post

quiztime

15th December 2019, 10:32
You quoted some of AB guidelines though and not the part about giving full details of the quiz. It would then be up to people whether they wanted to ask or not. I don't think this site wants turning into another AB where we are not then allowed to comment
18 of 22  -   Report This Post

cerasus

15th December 2019, 10:54
My quote was regarding helpfulness towards other people.
I am always willing to help.
There are no rules here (as there are on AB)regarding giving full details and closing dates, and until or unless the admin. team consider it necessary, I will help whenever I can.
It seems from your last comment that you want rules to match those of AB regarding full details and closing dates.If Norah/Ash wish to change the rules, so be it. That would be their decision.
19 of 22  -   Report This Post

aldobear

15th December 2019, 11:03
Seeing as it was my comment that preceded this conversation, I'd like to add a further comment. I have no wish to see this site turned into the disaster that is AB. My comment was only aimed at the OP and I wanted to know why he/she didn't have the honesty to give the name of the quiz. I have my own theory on that, but I'd still like the OP to explain.
20 of 22  -   Report This Post