CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dobbo

10th November 2019, 13:28
19A - Eastern oil,ruined in taste - it's prehistoric !
I have PALA?OL??E and am stuck. The puzzle is qualified by reference to Chambers (2014) which I don't have and apparently this clue can be verified on the Internet , what does this mean ? and where should I look ?
I think the penultimate letter is R
Any help welcomed as usual.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

stevie gee

10th November 2019, 13:49
19a PALA E OLI TE
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

10th November 2019, 13:52
Dobbo, I've been trying... but haven't come up with anything, sorry. It looks as if the answer could be an anagram (ruined) of Palate, taste, and E, Eastern and Oil - but I tried that in online anagram solvers and got nothing. I was expecting a word such as Palaeolite, which looks as if it'd mean 'prehistoric'.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

dobbo

10th November 2019, 16:36
Thank you for this - I had 8D with a wrong ending which your solution made me re-examine.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

liz

12th November 2019, 10:20
Nearly done, but 10d. causing me problems, which probably means I've gone wrong somewhere else. 'Meeting place? Test street corner,
circling river meadow (12)' I think it starts with an E, but don't want to suggest any other letters in case I mislead you. Thanks for your help!
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

mattrom

12th November 2019, 10:39
Try st ing tree
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

liz

12th November 2019, 11:17
Thank you! I was so sure about 4 across, too. Your answer fits in with several other answers I have - doh!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED 2474