CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

smithsax

8th November 2019, 23:41
Yes a bit too easy this week.
I remember that poster too. I may be wrong but I suspect he is now simply posting complete solutions on Facebook.
11 of 72  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

9th November 2019, 04:52
Yes, four across, four down. Doubly thematic, if that makes sense.
12 of 72  -   Report This Post

malone

9th November 2019, 05:36
Thanks, Crucifer. You're right about the irritating poster having disappeared - I think the worry was that he might, as in the past, reappear! I agree that the recent Listener threads are perfectly fine and I'm quite happy to drop the 'May Contain Answers' thread. The EV and Inquisitor threads don't seem to have had the problem of answers being given (unprompted), the theme disclosed (unprompted) and a link given to the complete solution. Those things are what caused the need, initially, for a 'May Contain...' thread.
13 of 72  -   Report This Post

qesue

9th November 2019, 07:39
Good morning - I have finished everything except the 5 word phrase despite having all 16 letters. A push in the right direction would be much appreciated.
14 of 72  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

9th November 2019, 08:00
The phrase is well known.

In this case it is a bit of a pun.

What is an a?? in the sport in which it occurs.

Hint- one of the four main things on a compass which you can’t send back.
15 of 72  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

9th November 2019, 08:16
Re: title - is eleven approximately ten? In which case handclap to the setter.
16 of 72  -   Report This Post

qesue

9th November 2019, 08:21
Thank you I now have the phrase - I had 2 letters wrong which obviously didn’t help!
17 of 72  -   Report This Post

gitto

9th November 2019, 08:40
As usual, managed to exercise my main two failings at once. Didn't look at who set this, which caused me massive consternation with one clue, and then didn't read the preamble properly and tried to use the first letter of one word and the last of the other. Now finished and feeling rather stupid (again).
18 of 72  -   Report This Post

smithsax

9th November 2019, 08:48
Hotelwhiskey7 I think the importance of the title might not be that 11 is approximately 10 but that it definitely “is not” 10.
19 of 72  -   Report This Post

phantom

9th November 2019, 12:53
OK - I have that phrase, but to get all the letters I need to take three adjacent words from one of the clues.
20 of 72  -   Report This Post