CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

speedymazza

20th October 2019, 00:02
Mostly sorted - but any help on my last two - 7 down c???i and 11 across o???i very gratefully received.....
11 of 13  -   Report This Post

roof

20th October 2019, 00:21
Many thanks Scarlett

I have now got 17d, though I can't parse it and it doesn't fit with your hint for 23ac.

I thought 16 ac is an element, but couldn't find a seven letter element that fitted. I've checked in my book of the periodic table and now found one. Unfortunately, it means my answer to 9d God to blame ultimately in drama (foul one)? No, it was this bloke (5,8) must be wrong.

I now have ?I?G? M???D?N?

But I have just got 23ac

Back to the drawing board for 9d, 20ac and 5d, but bed first.

Thanks for your help.
12 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th October 2019, 00:58
7d For 'Film' think 'paint' followed by second letter of 'wildlife'. Definition is a type of "Omnivore"

11a Answer is hidden in the clue but is a different type of 'browser' (think giraffe)
13 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th October 2019, 01:01
Hi Roof,

16a Is an element. Odd letters of fEaR inside an anagram of 'But I'm'.

9d Your letters are correct - think of a famous footballer who once attributed a goal to God.
14 of 13  -   Report This Post

brendan

20th October 2019, 01:47
Roof,

20a. Def. - think computer network/application

2 letter abbrev. for 'brother' around 4 letter word meaning 'disagreements' + the middle letter/heart of (sw)E(et)

5d. Def. - Like Britain

3 letter word meaning 'Decline' (I'd never have guessed they are synonyms but I checked in the dictionary) around a 4 letter Capital in reverse/revolting.
15 of 13  -   Report This Post