CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

19th September 2019, 20:25
Big Bend is certainly a favorite, but you might want to start in southern Utah where you can hit five national parks: Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef (another favorite, and so undervisited that it doesn't even have a gate as I recall), Canyonlands, and Arches- all breathtaking, with the bonus of Highway 12 between Bryce and Capitol Reef, the most dazzling road I've ever been on, and I've driven the Amalfi coast highway and Chapman's Peak in Cape Town. Another bonus is the cliff along the Colorado River in Moab (right near the Arches entrance), with lots of nifty petroglyphs. Acadia is very small but special (there's only the Blue Hill Peninsula between our summer place and Mt. Desert Island). I'd especially like to see Isle Royale in Lake Superior.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

kt17

20th September 2019, 09:04
Thank you Aristo, what a dream that would be! I'll have to have a serious chat with Mrs KT!
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

kt17

20th September 2019, 13:56
Aristo, I rode Highway 12 on Google Earth, my it is spectacular - and varied!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

20th September 2019, 14:16
Every turn in the road is like turning a page in a geology textbook- hundreds of millions of years of action, with no guard rails!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

tyke51

20th September 2019, 15:44
Canyonlands is certainly impressive ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfmlqXnR3Uc
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

kt17

20th September 2019, 16:28
Wow!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For kt