CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

prospero

2nd September 2019, 02:06
Have the grid finished but missing five letters. It must be an acronym but I can't find anything that makes sense ... easiest fill-in for a good while.
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd September 2019, 02:18
And we have an extra 26 across from an earlier Genius (I think the last). Hope they don't disqualify for not entering it ...
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

2nd September 2019, 03:40
Ditto, all finished but cannot quite make sense of superfluous letters
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd September 2019, 04:17
They must have fixed the PDF version as it doesn't have the duplicate 26a.
I have 5 valid words, partly describing a location, but can't see how it works as a phrase.
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd September 2019, 04:32
I was probably looking for too much. It isn't a phrase. They are all just words which provide common abbreviations.
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

2nd September 2019, 09:18
Of course! Too obvious for us devious types....
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd September 2019, 09:22
OK, then I'm off the hook - thanks mattrom, I have all the words. I find all this minute clueing of individual letters really finicky though ... have we encountered this setter before?
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

nikki

2nd September 2019, 21:08
Congrats for completing, you three! But I am now in the same position as Prospero and Buzzybee were. I have the 7 themed solutions and have completed the grid (I think) but can't parse 2d and 8d, and am not sure about some of the extra letters. So the common theme from the extra letters is still a complete mystery to me.
Help with parsing 2d & 8d might help, please...
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

2nd September 2019, 22:15
2d. A one word definition and a homophone
8d. Again, a one word definition; I think "lately" implies the last letter(s)
Good luck
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd September 2019, 23:26
8 - feature of co(l)d in a (word for) convenient + (amenit)y- lately. Def: attraction
10 of 20  -   Report This Post