CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kt17

9th August 2019, 21:42
Thank you very much Mattrom - salutary - I wonder if the earth's inheritors, the Cephalopods perhaps will muse 'it wasn't the bomb that finished them off, it was the tupperware...'

Thank you for votes to SW, Sunray, BBM and Paul; and for kind mentions to Tyke, Ginge, Malc and FJ.

Have a great weekend all, I hope you Brits are not in a blackout.

Mx
51 of 64  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

9th August 2019, 21:43
Congratulations Kt17
Cheers Mattrom for hosting
Big thank you's to Jws for the vote and Paul for the mention
52 of 64  -   Report This Post

tyke51

9th August 2019, 21:55
Well done Kt17 and bad luck SW.
Thanks for the vote Penda - very much appreciated! Thanks for a good competition Mattrom - off on holiday shortly so will not be able to enter the comps 😢
53 of 64  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

9th August 2019, 22:08
Nice one, KT17! Cheers, Mattrom, for the challenge, and for kindly awarding me a runner-up prize (which was a darn sight less depressing than the 1st prize!).

Many thanks, also, to Tyke, Ginge, Malcolm and Spike, for the votes, and to Marty, Paul and Fiery for the mentions. All sincerely appreciated.
54 of 64  -   Report This Post

penda

9th August 2019, 22:09
Well done Kt17. On reflection I think my clue could have been better thus----- Penda the Spender with a Bender.

Kind Regs Thea(o)
55 of 64  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

9th August 2019, 23:01
Nice one Kt17 - well deserved. Many thanks to you for your vote , to fiery for his, to spike for the like and to mattrom for another good job of hosting.
56 of 64  -   Report This Post

malcolmxword

10th August 2019, 07:14
Nice winning clue, kt17. Good contest mattrom, cheers
57 of 64  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th August 2019, 21:39
Congratulations kt17 (bet you didn't expect to come across a Caesar Shift so soon! : this weekend's EV in case anyone is wondering what I'm going on about) , thanks fiery, cheers mattrom.
58 of 64  -   Report This Post

stevea6000

11th August 2019, 23:17
Just looked in, having been unable to join in this time, and clue looks great ... except I'm being slow (again!) to see the parse.

An anagram of slapstic(k) = plastics, so I seem to have an extra s. Help, someone!
59 of 64  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th August 2019, 23:28
Hi stevea, endless(ly) in wordplay can be either the last letter (there's no real reason why it shouldn't be the first letter) or both first and last letters as is the case here.
60 of 64  -   Report This Post