CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

prospero

6th July 2019, 14:26
They've published the corrections now on the website - too late for most of us!
21 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th July 2019, 14:31
The pdf is still uncorrected, though!
22 of 51  -   Report This Post

tanglewood

6th July 2019, 16:32
J Divine being in conversation in US city (6)
23 of 51  -   Report This Post

tanglewood

6th July 2019, 16:34
J Divine being in conversation in US city (6)
24 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th July 2019, 16:35
I think I would have used a different homophone.
25 of 51  -   Report This Post

roof

6th July 2019, 20:26
I love these alphabetical puzzles, but this one has me stuck - apart from the missing clues and letters - I'm just finding the clues a bit hard. I've got a few, but could do with some help for the 10 letter clues. I only have the I so far. Any hints gratefully received.

Paul has made this one harder than usual by having the Vs and the Ks of equal length so it doesn't help to know which way round to put them. I've solved them!
26 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th July 2019, 20:44
Hi roof
The X I needed a word search for - a philosopher I hadn't heard of. It parses excellently, though.
P Harold Wilson was well-known as doing something no longer approved of.
D definition "Team on a mission". Quite difficult, and my first effort didn't parse fully. The right answer does, though.
I had to have two goes, as I had the Vs the wrong way round first time.
27 of 51  -   Report This Post

roof

6th July 2019, 23:38
Thanks Chrise

I think I have two of them so far. I think the ten letter answers will fix the orientation. Just the D to get and I'm mystified. But must stop to watch my favourite detective - Montalbano. Which I just have.

I think I may have to give up on this one. Unfortunately the ten letter solutions do not fix the orientation as I hoped. I came up with two possible answers for the D clue, neither of which I could parse. I may try again tomorrow. Any further hints gratefully received.

I just trod on a hedgehog in the dark in the garden. Is this an omen?
28 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th July 2019, 07:34
Hi roof
For the D, the "earth" is an animal's, the moon isn't ours, but has been turning up in puzzles quite a lot recently, "set" is replaced by a similar 3-letter word, "at" just goes straight in.

I recorded Montalbano again - I have three waiting to be watched!
29 of 51  -   Report This Post

david w

7th July 2019, 08:34
Hi Roof

I don't know if it will help you but I got the orientation by looking at the two solutions ending with X.
30 of 51  -   Report This Post