CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ian

29th June 2019, 09:37
What has happened to The Wee Stinker. It has been getting easier and today took 10 minutes. It used to puzzle me for days sometimes but lately I feel it is too easy. Spoils my weekend when I don't have to keep going back to it. Does anyone else feel the same
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

dunderheid

29th June 2019, 11:55
I agree totally Ian, I think there is a policy change to make a wider appeal for the crossword and the paper in general - falling sales everywhere.

I have said before that I also think "regular" winners names are now excluded and am therefore using "other" names and addresses for entries and have won recently doing this!

I tried to see who runs Dan Word website as it seems to have a complete answer set as soon as the paper comes out and would not be surprised to learn that the paper fed the answers to this to support my first point.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

mildred

29th June 2019, 15:10
I agree with both of you.
I found Dan Word and couldn't fathom how it had all the answers. Disappointing if Myops has agreed to a dumbing down.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

ian

30th June 2019, 12:14
It could well work the opposite way as I (and others) only get the Herald on a Saturday, solely for the wee stinker, but if it continues to be too easy then there will be no point in buying it.
I will contact the Herald re the Danword and ask how they have the answers. I personally don't see the point in finding the answers online and would only seek some hints after exhausting my brain trying, certainly not the answer
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

mildred

30th June 2019, 15:59
Well said, Ian; I am sure we all look forward to hearing what the Herald have to say.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post