CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kt17

13th June 2019, 09:21
I haven't yet begun the puzzle but the theme is easy to identify from the title and rubric.

Pabulum could have been more tricksy!
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

eeevanwok

14th June 2019, 08:17
Hello! Yes kt17, the theme is easy to pick. Can anyone help please with 2 down, 32 across and 38 across? For 2d I have at?a?e?t??. For 32a, is the 5th letter b? And, finally, for 38a I have Le?let. Have I gone wrong somewhere? Many thanks all.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

14th June 2019, 08:27
It's always good to give the clues, eeevanwok - there are lots of helpful solvers on here, but they don't all have a copy of the puzzle.

Your letters for 38 A and 2 D are correct, and B is the fifth letter in 32 A.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

eeevanwok

14th June 2019, 08:48
Thank you for the tip, malone
The clue for 32A is “Miss X ignored Balanchine when dancing” (7). I’ve got the answer, but don’t really understand the clue. The clue for 38A is “Inferior trinket on hire” (6). I’m stumped on that one, but I suppose I can go through the dictionary, now that I know that the letters I have are right (thanks malone). The clue for 2D is “inky art works are ridiculous” (10). I have an idea about the root of the word, but can’t find it. Any non-spoiler help with these 2 would be appreciated. Thank you!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

14th June 2019, 09:04
Eeevanwok, glad I could help - and glad you didn't mind my nudge about giving the clues!

32 A. I'm sure your answer will be correct, just a name. If you take that out of 'Balanchine', what's left is listed as X in Chambers.

2 D. I think the answer is defined as 'inky' , but I didn't check - sorry. 'Ridiculous' leads to deranged, not sane....The earlier part of the word involves a three-letter anagram.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

kt17

14th June 2019, 09:27
Eeevanwok 38A is not (IMO) the strongest clue - if I'm parsing it correctly the 'inferior' means a lower place on the body where the 'trinket' is by definition worn.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

eeevanwok

14th June 2019, 09:48
That’s a great help, malone, thank you. And I’m glad for any advice - I’m new to this site.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

eeevanwok

14th June 2019, 09:50
Thank you, kt17. I agree, not a brilliantly clue, but you have helped me because I just couldn’t get the inferior bit. Thanks!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post