CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

williamseal

27th May 2019, 16:43
AZED specials are always a pleasure and the is true of Carte Blanche. I have completed the grid but am confused over some clues and a potential ,misunderstanding on the preamble.

The clues are:
Turning round, poet drops first ingredient of salad dressing. This seems to be toilet (dressing definition presumably) but if so I can't parse it.

Monkeyf ound within borders of Sumatra, I .
This is a three letter word Sai . If so is the corresponding three letter word 'Any' with the following clue:
VIPs not just this unknown, collected in a period the Liturgy. I can't parse this at all.

Also if there are two three letter words how does it 'look the same with a quarter turn' ?

Any help appreciated - thanks

1 of 6  -   Report This Post

tatters

27th May 2019, 16:46
Poet is T S ELIOT

Turn it round and drop the s[alad]
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

27th May 2019, 16:46
1 TS Eliot is the poet, drop the first (letter) of 'salad' gives Teliot. Turning round = reverse it, so Toilet.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

27th May 2019, 16:51
I've seen Anyone' for the VIP clue. A None = period in the liturgy, with Y, unknown, inserted, An y one. A VIP's not just Anyone.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jacknatter

27th May 2019, 16:56
...and the answer to the monkey clue is a six-letter word (as it has to be in order to satisfy the symmetry requirements).
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

williamseal

27th May 2019, 17:03
Many thanks Malone (as ever) and JackNatter. I see where I went wrong.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post