CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

10th May 2019, 23:43
@mattrom
I did miss Icvotria's vote. No excuse but maybe because it was at the bottom of a page.
So SW was a clear winner with 5 votes!
101 of 118  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th May 2019, 23:46
@ Brendan.
I have very vague recollections of someone setting a crossword for a friend's birthday. It must have been a while back.
I'm glad if I was of some help.
102 of 118  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

11th May 2019, 00:14
Really chuffed to have won against such stiff competition, with such a wide spread of votes showing what a wealth of good clues there were to choose from.

Thanks to ChrisE, SteveA, BBM2, Icvotria and Paul for the votes, and to Dorrien, Spike and Brendan for the mentions. (If I've missed anyone out, I apologise).

Well done, Rossim, for hosting and setting such a fruitful challenge. (A short word with multiple meanings, though not always favoured by anagram fans, is obviously a good way to go sometimes). Thanks, also, for my prize. My favourite band ever. They progressed more in a few years than some of my "progressive" heroes (the usual suspects) did in their whole careers.

I hope you can all join in again next week.

I'll now try to convince that "I'm not a robot"

Best wishes, all

SW
103 of 118  -   Report This Post

oblib

11th May 2019, 01:32
Very well done Skywalker,thank you Rossim for hosting. Best wishes,martyn.
104 of 118  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th May 2019, 03:43
Congratulations, skyewalker, and thanks, rossim.
105 of 118  -   Report This Post

kt17

11th May 2019, 04:56
Congrats SW and thank you Rossim for hosting; thanks also to Tyke for the vote - have a good weekend all!
106 of 118  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th May 2019, 07:38
Congrats SW and thanks rossim

(Which part of Devon? I w originally came from Barnstaple)
107 of 118  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th May 2019, 08:26
Congratulations skyewalker, thanks oblib & BBM2 for the vote and mention respectively, cheers rossim.

@stevea: I believe your thanks are due to chrise, I didn't have time to mention more than a couple.
108 of 118  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th May 2019, 08:30
@ ChrisE
I think we've already had that discussion!
I'm at the bottom of the county (nearest city Plymouth) but my husband has family around the Exmoor area.
109 of 118  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th May 2019, 08:35
I've had to count chimneys and bridges to be able to post!
This is the first time this has happened with my laptop. It took me 3 goes to find all the bridges. It must be much harder with smaller screens.
I understand now why some of you were getting frustrated!
110 of 118  -   Report This Post