CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

22nd April 2019, 19:09
Much of what was farmland in our area has been taken over by what we usually call sod farms. The term refers to the product as opposed to the owners. The sod is indeed delivered in green rolls. Of course it's called turf too, but less often I'd say.
11 of 16  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd April 2019, 19:10
And what we in eastern MA and RI call soda is called tonic in western MA, and pop further west.
12 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

24th April 2019, 21:28
I have got quite a lot of the clues, but an still entirely stuck on some. In particular 6 Author's volume about spring returning (2 words). It may, or may not, begin with B or F, length unknown.
I am on my 3rd print out of the grid, even using pencil!
Also stuck on "Acoustic rooms for hawks", which cannot be longer than 7 letters
13 of 16  -   Report This Post

mattrom

24th April 2019, 21:44
Hi Rosalind,
#6 is (3,5) and starts with T. I was inaccurately trying to fit in 'aps' for a while.
k(2) sounds like a word for small rooms (5 letters)
14 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

24th April 2019, 21:50
Thank you, mattrom. At least I know where the T comes from! This crossword is a real ****** (letter count not significant!)
15 of 16  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th April 2019, 14:07
Better late than never, finally finished it. Would never have done so without help, though. Thank you.
Needless to say MLB was not easy for a non-American, though once seen it is a fair clue. After I got the meta I saw these initials and had to look it up; solving the clue backwards as it were. The author clue was impossible for me.
16 of 16  -   Report This Post