CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

14th April 2019, 00:57
Definitely much easier and more straightforward than of late, and I think regular solvers of the Everyman will recognize this as much more like the puzzles of old.

That's not to say there aren't one or two that may cause a bit of a headache. In order to get 15d. I had to look up a list of bingo nicknames, and the exact wordplay for 10a still has me a bit confused!

Unlike last week, where there was a plethora of actors, playwrights, dramatists etc., this week there is only one but I think he's fairly well known so I don't foresee any problems.

All in all an enjoyable puzzle and I'll be glad to hear what others think.
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th April 2019, 01:18
Finally got 10a - I'm hungry (and thirsty!) ;-)
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

mattrom

14th April 2019, 03:04
I liked the humour in this one. Thought there were a lot of really good clues, 1a and 5a to name a couple.
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th April 2019, 04:32
Hi Mattrom, I think that many of the regulars who were put off by those last few 'questionable' puzzles will be quite pleased with this one.
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

glennb

14th April 2019, 09:11
I can't get 1 ac
Is it bad spell ?
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

brendan

14th April 2019, 09:13
Hi Glemb, the 'Download' is APP
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

richardk

14th April 2019, 09:44
Completely agree. I’ve been close to giving up on the Everyman in recent weeks but this was a blinder! I’m not at the azed level of solvers but I did find this just a little easy (with a few exceptions) but so many of the clues were a delight. “Cold, I’ll give you a lift” was a stand-out, as was the political figure, such a brilliant clue. Please retain this setter!

Parsing of 10ac is an acronym for a sandwich surrounding a fizzy alcoholic beverage.
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

glennb

14th April 2019, 10:02
Thank you SOOOO much
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

elle

14th April 2019, 11:47
I thought it a good puzzle today with some clever clues….it was nice to see the parsing dovetailing so well.
I especially liked 5a, 10a, 7d and 20d
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

carof

14th April 2019, 12:42
I loved all the letter play in this one. The clues were quite literal. Not too hard.
10 of 30  -   Report This Post