CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

15th March 2019, 17:19
You're right of course - so often however thread titles give little away.

Rarely does the OP include closing dates for sure.
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

malone

15th March 2019, 17:20
Arizona, I totally agree. Many of the Rainbow Quiz queries are never titled as such. I'm not sure why...
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

quiztime

15th March 2019, 17:28
Not sure if you do the quiz Arizona but some of us are disappointed that this site will eventually give clues, then easier clues, then answers to virtually every question on this quiz. They could at least spend a little more time before giving in. I for one am not looking because I want to know the answers.
Too many quizzes are asked on here without them giving the full name of the quiz, the closing date etc. This used to just be as the title says a Crossword help forum.
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

elle

15th March 2019, 17:34
Thank you, Mamya.
That seems a sensible guide line to follow

Arizona, I do not understand your comment?
Perhaps we are at cross purposes?
I was simply saying that I considered it too early for someone to be asking for assistance with a Quiz, that does not close for a further two and a half months.

14 of 20  -   Report This Post

betty

15th March 2019, 18:26
Thanks for your help Arizona.
I will now follow your clues and try to solve these 2 question
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

quiztime

15th March 2019, 18:39
Are they your last 2 though?
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

georgeiii

15th March 2019, 19:37
This certainly won't be the first or last posting on this quiz.
It seems to be the norm for all the answers to be given either directly or by ridiculously simple clues.

17 of 20  -   Report This Post

jennifer

18th March 2019, 08:25
Just to stick my oar in. Have just seen this post but if anyone is interested there's been a 65 replies post on The Answer Bank nearly all debating the answer to Q21 Ducks and drakes used to bust the dam(8).
There have been several suggestions e.g eiderdown (too many letters but a good answer), ricochet and bouncing.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

kace

22nd March 2019, 15:02
I know I will be upsetting some but this question is driving me mad, I've looked on The Answer Bank but do not agree with any of the answers on there, so a hint would be most appreciated for:

Ducks and drakes used to bust the dam (8)
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd March 2019, 15:04
Could it be to do with Barnes-Wallis? Apparently he was inspired by the game of "ducks and drakes".
20 of 20  -   Report This Post