CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

springy

16th March 2019, 17:28
Is this thread closed? Because I can't see any way to create a new post, other than replying to a previous post. I'm late starting on this month's puzzle. I've been doing it every month for over ten years (won once!) and this is the first time I've felt the need to reach out to other solvers. I'm puzzled by the repeated suggestion that every light is an element, implying that only single-letter elements are used. But if this is the case, 10 across can't work, since neither A nor L is an element. So I must assume that some two-letter elements are used?
51 of 55  -   Report This Post

prospero

16th March 2019, 17:32
springy - the contradiction you set up by saying "every light is an element and only single letter elements can be used" needs to be re-examined ...
52 of 55  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

16th March 2019, 18:01
10a is violas ...entered as v i o la s
53 of 55  -   Report This Post

prospero

16th March 2019, 18:06
thought it was a rule of this forum not to give answers ....
54 of 55  -   Report This Post

springy

17th March 2019, 07:40
Thanks for the hint, prospero - a most unusual arrangement! And I wasn't asking for the answer to 10a, thanks, xwordfan - I think it's clear from my question that I already knew it, just not how to fit it in the grid. Now I do know, thanks to prospero.
55 of 55  -   Report This Post