CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

21st February 2019, 12:39
Tyke

Congratulations on a brilliant cricket clue. Were you at Scarborough last season for Mooen Ali's great innings? Pity Yorks wont be at New Rd this year.
51 of 54  -   Report This Post

tyke51

21st February 2019, 14:03
Hi Jigjag

Unfortunately not, I was at Scarbados for the game with Surrey in June, when they thrashed us, but the Worcester game clashed with football!
I think Moeen is a better cricketer than he thinks - with most sportsmen it`s vice versa!
I`ve never managed to get to New Rd but... will one day hopefully - I`ve been to all the test grounds apart from Cardiff...Taunton is a nice venue, also Hove. Years ago I saw us play in the old John Player League at exotic places like Hull, Huddersfield and Worksop!
52 of 54  -   Report This Post

jigjag

21st February 2019, 17:45
Hello Tyke

Yes I loved the old outgrounds too. My County is Worcester, although Old Trafford is the nearest ground. The Roses match there was good last year, and I took my son to the Roses 20/20. I dont like that but it was a great occasion. I have booked an Ashes day and some World Cup matches this year.
53 of 54  -   Report This Post

tyke51

21st February 2019, 19:00
I like to watch the one dayers on TV - yesterday`s vs Windies was great - pleased to see Windies becoming a force once more. Prefer 4 day Championship games to watch live - slightly more relaxed - Trent Bridge is another lovely place to watch cricket. I think the last time I attended a Test Match at Headingley both elements of a pantomime horse were hospitalised by over-zealous stewards - not my idea of fun!
Hope the summer is a good one - like last year but cooler!
54 of 54  -   Report This Post