CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quisling

11th February 2019, 19:33
Don’t be so hard on yourself, aristophanes. That was one of the first 12 letter clues I solved, but we all have different blind spots, and this puzzle was enough to induce fatigue in anyone. I loved it, but I think It was immeasurably easier with access to an electronic aid like TEA.
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th February 2019, 19:55
Yes, a superb puzzle. Most gratifying.
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

rad

12th February 2019, 10:16
I limped over the line eventually, thanks to a lot of help from both threads. I was glad that people were so restrained, even on the Answers thread, giving very explicit hints but still leaving us with the satsfaction of working out the answer from those hints. Thanks to all.

I was not sorry about the lack of an endgame. The “crossword” itself was quite enough for me!
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

galfridus

12th February 2019, 17:31
A combination of old age and fatigue are blinding me to how to enter anything on Doing the Rounds. I have the theme but am at a loss to know how to deal with the six and twelve letter words. If someone could explain how to do this with 10 or any other clue I will perhaps manage to avoid another sleepless night. (fleetj@btinternet.com) With many thanks.
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2019, 17:49
The six-letter answers are entered in the outer cells of each circle, the letters in order, either clockwise or counterclockwise. The twelve-letter ones are entered in both the "petals" and the cells between them, but these are not in order, but jumbled.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

pka1

12th February 2019, 19:15
Hello, just one 12-er to do and it’s 17, the thematic one, so I’ve got this far without knowing what it’s all about. Am I right that the word split is 6,2,4? I’m looking for a 6-letter word meaning ‘issue’ with an O in it but no luck so far.
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2019, 19:36
Yes, 6,2,4, but the issue synonym has four letters, and it does have an O.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2019, 19:37
That is, the four-letter word is the first part of the six-letter one.
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

pka1

12th February 2019, 19:41
Thanks Aristophanes, now back to Bradford’s.
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

galfridus

13th February 2019, 16:16
A belated thanks to Aristophanes. I am very grateful. I don't look forward to the jumbles.
40 of 40  -   Report This Post