CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

5th February 2019, 17:13
Tweak to 15 - it's missing an "a"

A divorce party became a huge celebration (7,6)

21 of 42  -   Report This Post

penda

5th February 2019, 18:16
VICTORY PARADE
Incumbent’s front facing hill and unknown jumper of French event - through the Arc D’Triomphe (7,6)

22 of 42  -   Report This Post

mattrom

5th February 2019, 18:26
Nike and Prada fashion - the ultimate display of one-upmanship (7,6)

23 of 42  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

5th February 2019, 19:16

I pay record VAT tax in March (7,6)
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

icvotria

5th February 2019, 22:05
Short creative parody arranged for successful show (7,6)
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

therogue

6th February 2019, 09:21
Procession went under Nelson's column (7,6)
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

tyke51

6th February 2019, 11:46
Endless vice precedes party pageant in win celebration (7,6)
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th February 2019, 15:05
Hi folks, thanks for all your entries so far.
I'm in Aberdeen for tonight's game and unfortunately I changed jackets at the last minute before leaving and left my glasses. Therefore, please forgive any typos and apologies in advance for the clip, it's not offensive (unless you are a Spurs fan and yes it's been a while since Rangers have collected any silverware) but wasn't what I had in mind and despite straining I can't seem to locate the intended one.

@ aristo; I enjoyed the game immensely and thought both defensive strategies and execution were exceptional and really made for a result that despite the Patriots apoarent domination, was in the balance almost until the end.
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th February 2019, 18:21
Once more thanks for all your entries and nice to see efforts from ixion and icvotria again among the "regulars"; a total of 23 clues from 14 setters.
The fodder allowed for a variety of straight anagrams but apart from crave regularly appearing I hadn't foreseen quite as many possibilities. A couple of clues using DBEs, in my opinion, should have included a suitable indicator.
Touches I like that didn't quite make it to my shortlist include paul's sleaze, aristo's survivors amid waves, fiery's dairy produce, stevea's incredible acronym (regrettably I find the limited indicators to this type of clue a dead giveaway) and penda's incumbent (while unfair to those that don't know his profession, "I shortly" was possible). I've agonised and swithered about BBM2's tax as anagrind as it comes together well and successfully misleads.
My shortlist has stevea @3, nemo @13, BBM2 @ 21 and tyke51 @27 with mattrom winning (again) with

Nike and Prada fashion - the ultimate display of one-upmanship

https://youtu.be/FfcUOrzwQOM

Off shortly to Pittodrie and I doubt this game will be as entertaining aristo.
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

6th February 2019, 18:33
Brilliant clue, mattrom: I thought it should be the winner. Thanks for the mention, ginge, and behave yourself at the game.
30 of 42  -   Report This Post