CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dandybandy

18th December 2018, 04:20
What's happened to everyone? There used to be an RT string nearly every week but now...? Anyway here's my little problemishes. HINTS ONLY please for this little stinker on RT 50. 12ac Shuffling mere outlines to show at night. (3,2,7) I have -O-/E-/---M-E-E. It looks as if it might be a foreign phrase but whatever it is interferes with 3D. Friend hugged by half red director. (7). All I have is -O-P---. Help will be appreciated. When I re-awake...provided I can get back to sleep. Weird meds I'm on.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

18th December 2018, 05:22
12 Yes, it is a foreign phrase, but one that's fairly well known .'Shuffling' should be a big help...

I'll have a think about 3 D.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

18th December 2018, 05:28
3 D. You need a slang term, abbreviation for 'friend' inside ('hugged by') half of a word for 'red' - and red isn't a Communist or a colour. The definition is at the end of the clue.
PS I've never heard anyone use the word for 'friend', but it crops up occasionally.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

18th December 2018, 05:49
Although I said your letters were correct for 12 A, I've just noticed that you've got too many spaces in the third word. I assume/hope you have
??M?E?E for that? (I think ???s are better than --- anyway!).
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

dandybandy

18th December 2018, 23:08
Thanks each. I eventually nodded off about 8am ish. Next thing I knew my wife was waking me up at 12.15 and I had a 40minute drive to be at my grandson's old school to be Father Christmas to 120 children by 1.30, followed by an osteopath appointment. Looking up any responses clean slipped my mind. I'll work on those hints - thanks again.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

19th December 2018, 00:23
Dandybandy, 'each' is only me! Hope the hints help - if not, ask for bigger ones.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 50