CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cloverjo

17th December 2018, 16:18
I'm struggling with this one. Can someone help with a hint for this one, please?
13d Assigned part translated into a short passage (9)
Thank you
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2018, 16:36
13 The assigned part is five letters with an anagram ('translated') of 'into'. The definition is a 'short passage' (not in a house, more in a book!).
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

17th December 2018, 16:45
Thanks, malone.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2018, 16:51
Glad I could help, cloverjo. I really enjoyed this one.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

17th December 2018, 17:09
I'll probably be back for more help :)
I must be the only one finding this tough.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2018, 17:18
Feel free to return! No, it was a tough one - but it did get easier....
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

manic mary

17th December 2018, 18:27
No CloverJo, you are not the only one! I am finding this one and the previous 2 (having got back from hols to find my brain has totally mashed) very difficult. So far (with the dreaded Mr Oxymoron) I have managed 5 down clues without a clue (sic) about anything to do with the across clues. Am very dispirited.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

17th December 2018, 18:31
MM, don't get dispirited! I found some of the Across clues much easier than the Downs...then had to wait a while until I could enter the answers. Please post any clues that you are finding particularly tough.
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

jigjag

18th December 2018, 16:46
cleverjo

I found it too tough and abandoned it. The last 2 compilers Ifor and Oxymoron are too difficult for me and I rarely attempt theirs.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

malone

18th December 2018, 16:58
Jigjag and Cloverjo - I think it's interesting how we all have different views of what constitutes 'too hard'! I really struggled with Ifor's EV last week and found this one tough for a while - but got it done in one sitting. This week's Inquisitor, however, was way beyond me - I solved very few clues, couldn't put them in the grid... and gave up on that.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1361