CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lecrack

14th December 2018, 22:11
I am stuck on the following to find the title of the novel in the third column of this puzzle. I would like answers to the following clues which will help me to solve the rest of the puzzle. Thanks in advance!

9. … in the west of England brings light showers so …
( C ) - - - ICA - - - -

20. … plants which turn towards the heat, opening to the sun. In the …
( C ) - - - GON

28. … small birds) at the start of the three days before Ascension Day. I …

( C ) - - - ATI - -

29. … am a person who has no faith in dragonfly experts - …

( C ) - - - - ATI - - -

38. … collects everywhere covering …

( C ) _ _ _ TOR _ _ _

www.christmaspuzzle.co.uk

1 of 16  -   Report This Post

chips

14th December 2018, 22:21
Isn't this a very new puzzle, with a closing date that's ages away?
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

quiztime

15th December 2018, 18:07
Yes and all it needs it the dictionary but I think this person already knows that
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

tintin

15th December 2018, 22:02
there's already a massive hint in the title of the quiz which should suggest the novel. Then when you look at what you already have, you should be able to supply the initial letters of your missing words. And yes, this quiz has only been out for a week.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th December 2018, 22:28
Why is there a "(C)" at the start of every answer?
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

tintin

16th December 2018, 08:32
Rusty - there isn't a C on my copy!
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th December 2018, 09:55
Mine shows one on each clue.
At first I thought it was supposed to be the first letter but it's bracketed.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

lecrack

16th December 2018, 13:29
Rusty, sorry about the (C), it's my reference to the third part of each question. It's the third column that's giving me trouble still. Columns 1 & 2 were pretty straightforward! I'll have another look at the title of the puzzle to see if I can solve this third column, tintin! Thanks much!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

malone

16th December 2018, 13:36
Did you get much assistance for columns 1 and 2? If you didn't and found them 'pretty straightforward', this last set shouldn't be too tricky!
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

lecrack

16th December 2018, 14:08
Malone, I got help with 3 answers, 12(A), 14(A) and 15(A) and then discovered a Christmas theme to complete this column 1. Thereafter,
I solved column 2 whose theme of plants and flowers helped me to find the title of the novel quite quickly. I was elated and expected column 3 to be as straightforward…I got letters like “Rosemarl, Limo, Gerache” and what seems to be “Jemima”, but it’s not that obvious!
10 of 16  -   Report This Post