CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

7th December 2018, 12:45
ginge

yes it is very annoying and is reducing my postings. Cant we go back to how it was? I shall miss your help on EVs. Best wishes

1 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

7th December 2018, 14:08
Ginge, have you told Norah about your intention to withdraw from the Forum (even if it be only temporary) because of Captcha?
I think the more people inform her about their problems, the more likely it is that the present state of affairs might be amended?
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

ginge

7th December 2018, 15:09
Hi jigjag, I was made aware of your post via text as I didn't/dont intend looking in as often since I wouldn't be posting but I appreciate your kind words and I'm sure you'll still get sufficient help should you require it.

Hi Elle, no I didn't as administration will be motoring traffic volume and if it's only me not wishing to go through the rigmarole so be it. However, I do not see how this requirement being applied to "Add Reply" in any way reduces the likelihood of the appearance of spam; as a requirement of "Add New Thread", yes. As I rarely initiate new threads I'd be willing to accept such a situation but not as it stands at present.
Ironically, this has allowed a tick only !
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

malone

7th December 2018, 15:22
Ginge, maybe you've been very unlucky so far with the new security measures. Elle was too, and her problem seemed to resolve itself - though she did nothing different! I too would miss your contributions.
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

7th December 2018, 16:15
No, Ginge , rest assured it isn't only you who is facing this predicament!
For several days I had been getting five or six sets of pictures with which to contend every single time I attempted to post!
I reported this to Norah - as did several other people at that point.
I have assumed that somehow Ash has "tweaked" something, as now all I have to do is place a tick in the box.
I think it worth your mentioning your problems to Norah?
I feel sure she would want to know!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

7th December 2018, 17:00
Please everyone keep trying to post. Ash has not tweaked anything this week, contrary to what Elle thinks. Instead he said that because Elle persevered, Goggle probably got used to her computer and knew she wasn’t a spammer.

Edit - I had a tick box and one set of traffic lights.
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

rosalind

7th December 2018, 17:05
I had to do lots of buses, cars and traffic lights at the beginning but rarely do now
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

elle

7th December 2018, 18:02
Thank you, Norah!
I am pleased that my "perseverance" apparently worked!
I though Ash had been practising "magic"!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

syzygy

7th December 2018, 19:29
Perhaps it would help if people mentioned what platform they are running, e.g.:

Windows 10, Firefox 63. Tick box. (from the beginning)
Windows 10, Edge Picture grid. (first attempt)
Windows 10, Internet Explorer. Picture grid.
(first attempt. Then failed with "Can't reach this page" msg)
The pictures take sveral attempts - very frustrating.

All run from the same machine, but I did have to log in separately for each browser.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

syzygy

7th December 2018, 19:32

Windows 10, Edge Picture boxes again.

Back to Firefox - no problems there.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @ginge