CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

16th November 2018, 10:54
Hi, Norah!
Last night, after ticking the box to prove that "I am not a robot", I ran into problems with a pop-up asking me to count the number of traffic lights in the picture.
Although I confidently assured "the thing" that there were "two", it refused to accept that at first, and it took quite some time before I was able to send my post.
Fortunately, this hasn't happened since, and all I now have to do is "tick the box"....but I thought you should know of the initial problem.
It may well happen to someone else?
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

16th November 2018, 11:11
Thanks Elle, I know Ash has tweaked it this morning. But on the traffic light one I had today, there were either 3 or 4 traffic lights. Is it possible you missed one? I usually manage to miss at least one but I got it right first time today.
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

elle

16th November 2018, 11:21
Hi, Norah!
I don't think so, ….....and it accepted "two" in the end!!

Rusty has just told me that he has just had to count the "traffic lights" thingummy ...and was told he got it wrong!

And I am now busily counting "chimney pots"!!!!

This is a nightmare, Norah….
I actually preferred scrolling through the spam!!
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th November 2018, 11:30
I use a lap top and I've only had a box to tick.....no traffic lights or chimney pots!
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

16th November 2018, 11:41
Interesting Elle, I’ll copy and paste your post to Ash to see what he says.

He has resisted doing anything earlier, probably because of the inconvenice it causes our regular Forum users. However, each day recently there has been between 28 - 40 spams and Ash thought it was too many.

It’s swings and roundabouts I’m afraid.
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

cerasus

16th November 2018, 12:12
No problem here on tablet . Ticked the box, and passed the 'crosswalks' test .
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

16th November 2018, 12:30
Just testing this so see if it works on my laptop in Opera.

Seems OK with the fire hydrant.
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

seamus, ayrshire

16th November 2018, 12:33
Tried again and some of the images are a bit difficult, especially the one with Hills & Mountains. I got there in the end.

It seems like a great idea if it reduces the spam.
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

cerasus

16th November 2018, 13:27
Testing on a laptop . Ticked box and was allowed to add post.
I also think it is a great idea . The spam was increasing.
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

16th November 2018, 13:38
It should reduce the automated ones but not those where a real person posts. Unfortunately, a spammer can tick a box and find traffic lights just the same as we can.

Edit to add - unfortunately it’s American English, I had to find crosswalks, after pondering I decided they were zebra crossings.
10 of 30  -   Report This Post