CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

orson

15th November 2018, 13:07
Does anyone have thoughts on the new website which appeared today?

I know a new look takes a while to get used to some I'm willing to give it a chance, however...

It is noticeably slower and so rather clunky to use. I'm a fast typer and I find the site cannot keep up with me any more and so certain letters are missed out. On the old site you could use the backspace to delete and correct things but now it jumps sometimes to other answers, especially when you start on the last letter.

The lettering should be a sans serif one, such as you always find when solutions are printed in newspapers or online, as on the Fifteensquared site. The new lettering they've chosen just doesn't suit crosswords, in my opinion.

I miss the progress bar that used to show you how long you had left in order to get bonus points.

On a positive note, I understand it is now possible to use it on tablets and it is easier to scroll up and down the boxes containing the clues.
1 of 2  -   Report This Post

rinsp

17th November 2018, 09:56
Possible to use on a tablet? - yes
An enjoyable experience? - definitely not
Distinctly inferior to the other main quality nationals and that’s assuming the system will let you log in at all.
2 of 2  -   Report This Post