CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

7th November 2018, 12:46
Dole providing suit around the Sunderland area (7)
21 of 39  -   Report This Post

therogue

7th November 2018, 13:24
Sake fermenting? Fine, it has been! (7)
22 of 39  -   Report This Post

paul

7th November 2018, 14:25
Short new suit worn gets interest (7)
23 of 39  -   Report This Post

pigale

7th November 2018, 17:10
Unfold bit of English fen for prosperity (7)
24 of 39  -   Report This Post

ginge

7th November 2018, 18:00
Time's up folks and I make it 22 clues from 14 setters. A preliminary perusal tells me this ain't gonna be easy, hopefully back relatively soon.
25 of 39  -   Report This Post

ginge

7th November 2018, 18:20
Great fun parsing them all but I'd like confirmation or otherwise of my take on therogue @ 19 from anyone;
if reversed in Bennett (Gordon) deleting an "n" and a "t".
I have to head out for an hour so I'll look back in then.
26 of 39  -   Report This Post

therogue

7th November 2018, 18:49
Evening ginge,
Yep that's pretty much it. I was using invest as in clothe or cover, a bit tenuous I admit!
27 of 39  -   Report This Post

ginge

7th November 2018, 19:33
Thanks for getting back so promptly therogue, I think invest is perfectly ok and I just wanted to check the mechanics.
The first thing that struck me was the number of very good surfaces showing a lot of thought went into construction, very commendable. As usual a variety of devices and exceptional knowledge on show yet again. I wasn't surprised to see Ben E. and the Latin/Italian good appearing and I found it interesting to see what is effectively the same mechanics in 3 different clues, mattrom @ 17, BBM2 @ 21 and paul @ 23 resulting in widely differing surfaces. I have to mention 2 unusual/phenomenal anagrinds in context; stevea's weather and fiery's corned! I also think therogue's misdirection with Sake and fiery's live aid (even without capitalisation) very clever.
However, my shortlist includes tyke51's cryptic definition @ 5 and the 2 clues I have difficulty splitting but settled on peterm @ 9 (loved "picture the force released" 5*) as runner-up to ixion @ 6 with;

Climb this if the body needs a workout and reap the reward

https://youtu.be/3xdAMdRwTA0

Time restrictions prevented mentioning others but I really appreciate all the entries, cheers.
28 of 39  -   Report This Post

pigale

7th November 2018, 19:41
Well done Ixion - clever clue!

Thanks Ginge for the challenge and the word (and the clip!)
29 of 39  -   Report This Post

tyke51

7th November 2018, 19:41
Well done ixion!
Thanks for mention ginge and enjoyed the clip!
30 of 39  -   Report This Post