CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT7

wally

8th February 2018, 21:31
Sorry not an anagram of "part in then" should have said "part he then"
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

mondrian

9th February 2018, 08:53
Thanks wally for detailed help. How could I have forgotten that film!
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

kitkat

10th February 2018, 14:26
I had almost given up on 7 d but gave it one last try this morning. Once it dawns on you, you realise how uncomplicated it really is.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

dandybandy

13th February 2018, 09:20
Good morning each, long time no post. Have usually managed most but this one is leaving me stumped all over the place.
3D Spooner''s metric conversion of crime series (9,5) might be great for you Chrisend but it's left me flummoxed. I did think of the basic metric unit for the second word but the "t" thereof interfered with my tentative thoughts for:-
21A Horse following drink? (6). I did think that the -H-S-- I had would give me the Highland stuff but didn't like it...the answer not the drink! Help pleeeeese.
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th February 2018, 09:27
The thing about 3d is that it isn't a "Spooner" clue at all, it's a straight anagram.
21 the horse would be taking part in a particular sort of horse-race
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

dandybandy

13th February 2018, 09:36
Aha. Thanks chrise , that's a grand (national) hint. It's amazing how one gets stuck in one train of thought. I shall have a ponder on 3d. It will probably unlock the top left and bottom right corners
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

wally

13th February 2018, 14:33
Hi dandybandy. Does it help to tell you to keep on with your Endeavour to get the answer to 3dn
17 of 17  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT7