CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

the riddler

3rd April 2010, 10:11
This site always used to be informative and often amusing. It now seems to have degenerated into a forum for cowards to sit anonymously in front of a computer screen swearing and spewing out all sorts of bile and invective. This all appears to have started since John from Arran (rightly in my opinion) suggested some sensible posting tips. That seemed to raise the blood pressure of some and things have become steadily worse. The lunatics, it would seem, have taken over the assylum. Is it too much to ask that we all just calm down?! Ask for and give help in a polite fashion and for goodness sake enough of the swearing. I assume the guilty parties would still be proud of themselves if their children were reading the comments.
Happy Easter everyone.
Reggards

The Riddler????
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

lucifer sam

3rd April 2010, 11:31
Couldn't have put it betr myself Riddler!! They must lead exciting lives!!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd April 2010, 12:57
Totally agree with your sentiments Riddler, however I feel the type of person that hides behinds false names and posts naty comments is unlikely to heed them.
The best advice is of course to totally ignore them if possible and the post drops off the page, but even mild mannered mamya sometimes feels tempted to have a go at them and it fuels their ego.

Happy Easter.

Mamya ♥
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

3rd April 2010, 15:05
The Riddler,

I have to confess that I too am becoming dismayed by the morons who are sullying this Forum with their vulgarities - usually late at night when the alcohol is beginning to take effect.

However, it reassuring that see you and Mamya - with no disrespect to Lucifer Sam - haven't yet thrown in your respective towels because you always make valued contributions.

With best wishes and a Happy Easter,

Caravaggio

4 of 13  -   Report This Post

don from the cotswolds

3rd April 2010, 15:06
Well played that man. Totally concur with you sentiments. A bit more civility please everyone. After all we're all crossword solvers and should have some grasp of the language(that doesn't involve swearing)!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

jolan

3rd April 2010, 15:08
WONDERFUL! Couldn't agree more. How lovely to hear 'voices' of sweet and intelligent reason.
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

the riddler

3rd April 2010, 15:13
Dear All,
Thank you for your support. Hopefully we can return to asking for and giving crossword advice/clues. It makes my heart glad that others agree with my sentiments.

As an aside, a cracking clue in yesterday's telegraph.

CHHH CHH OH, HIC (7)

A clue; did you do chemistry at school?
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

the riddler

3rd April 2010, 15:17
Of course it helps if you can spell and anyone who spells regards with 2 g's (reggards) should be barred from this site FOREVER.
sorry swearers!!!!!!!!!!!
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

irish pat

3rd April 2010, 19:38
I came across this post while trying to decide whether to ask for help with today's DT. As it happens someone else asked for the same clue. I looked about a bit and can see what The Riddler means. Some people need to get a life. Thanks to all the genuine crossword solvers out there.
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

donf932

3rd April 2010, 20:35
Riddler, put me out of my misery. i only did Chemistry to o level
10 of 13  -   Report This Post