CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

10th May 2015, 17:19
Yes but by plugging away and stretching ourselves we get better - I like a challenge.

Though there are some puzzles I won't touch - those with a lengthy preamble put me right off.
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

catcharmer

10th May 2015, 17:33
I don't enjoy it any more either. Think I'll email the crossword editor. Thanks to those who helped me with previous clues today. I was out
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

pedro

10th May 2015, 17:38
I have finished it for over 25 years before crossword solver, without crossword solver I would have struggled the last five weeks. It has not been enjoyable for me and too time consuming.
Thanks to all.
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

peadar

10th May 2015, 17:42
I'm of the same mind pedro it has lost some of its appeal
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th May 2015, 18:30
To all those who the Everyman setter has upset, the drinks are on me. Cheers !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Tequila_Sunrise_garnished_with_orange_and_cherry_-_Evan_Swigart.jpg
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

flossie

10th May 2015, 19:20
I learned how to tackle cryptic crosswords through doing Everyman. I try to do the Guardian cryptics which are often witty and i like that. I am finding these latest Observer puzzles frustrating and lacking in fun. But the explanations on this forum are really helpful. Seems to be that every setter has their own approach-you just have to crack it i suppose.As relative novice I found today's impossible so thanks for all the parsing of what seem to me to be tortuous clues!
26 of 27  -   Report This Post

ag42

12th May 2015, 12:48
I am relieved to read these posts, I have really struggled to get even one on this week's puzzle. I normally enjoy Everyman and it certainly appears that they have employed a new setter for the past few weeks.
27 of 27  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Everyman