CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

teenieleek

26th September 2013, 19:50
All done apart from 2dn/42ac. Not having Brewer's, a hint would be good. My best shot starts with one of our City friends but even without a copy I'm quite sure it's not in Brewer's.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th September 2013, 20:11
Teenieleek: the first word sounds like a function you have on your CD-player, spelt slightly differently, the second a kind of bicycle, tho' really the paired phrase refers to horses one behind the other! Brewer's is indeed quite an investment, used mainly to solve Speccie problems!
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

26th September 2013, 20:19
Thank you Greedy Kite, never heard of it. I've seen Brewer's on amazon for 99p. Time for an investment I think.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th September 2013, 20:44
Yes, I used to think it was a pub guide! Mind you, as such it would actually be more useful..............
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

27th September 2013, 00:07
hello teenieleek - I have a spare Brewers if you are at all interested - perhaps we can do a deal!? - I recently won the 19th edition with the FT Polymath crossword, & I already have the 18th edition.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

silly boy

27th September 2013, 15:56
Not having a Brewers, I'm a bit stuck. ;o( Can anyone please help me ..... am I on the right track ? Thanks.
Helter-skelter,
Harum-scarum,
Hankey-pankey,
Clitter-clatter,
Slip-slop.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

27th September 2013, 16:23
All fine, apart from 'hankey-pankey'. There's a good clue on this thread for the missing one - check the earlier posts.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

silly boy

27th September 2013, 16:59
Thank you malone ...... if they begin with R and T I have now finished.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

27th September 2013, 17:02
They do - so you are!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post