CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

5th September 2013, 05:03
Has anyone experienced this problem recently?

Both "Reply" & "New Thread" would provide a text box, but no button to submit.

It has now returned.

Of course, I was unable to post this in the interim & you might not be able to answer.

1 of 6  -   Report This Post

ginge

5th September 2013, 06:36
Hi syzygy,
when last posting to "clueless" and again now I noticed a blank grey box where the "submit" button would be and it did result in my post being accepted so I'll do the same now. Here's hoping and this helps you in some way, I have noticed from previous threads you're a very competent "techie".
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrisg

5th September 2013, 06:44
Good morning. Same problem here. I have reported it to Norah
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

syzygy

5th September 2013, 07:05
Well, thank you, but you obviously had more success than I.
No grey box on my screen, so I was locked out for a couple of hours.

Also, the Guardian is still a "black box". The Print version is easily available by adding one character to the URL, but submitting via the Java page is still impossible at home. It's just blank.
I can do it at work, where security levels are much higher, by simply overriding the error msg about an insecure Java plug-in. It makes no sense & I've spent too much time digging through the code, most of which is not accessible at the page level we can see.
I think the Guardian needs a new programmer.

Thanks Chrisg for doing that. I might still be "in the corner" for my long ago Bambi thread, which was pulled before it scared the children, or the naive.

4 of 6  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

5th September 2013, 07:30
I emailed Ash yesterday evening - he replied immediately and said the submit box was there, bottom left under the thread, but very faint - and they "would look into it"
It's still very very faint
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

5th September 2013, 08:58
I just thought you might like to know that Ash and his team upgraded the site yesterday and dealt with the issues outstanding from the previous upgrade. Obviously there are one or two teething problems which he is addressing. I will keep an eye on the Forum later but I am out most of the day, my partner has a cataract operation at Bristol Hospital.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post