CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

2nd September 2013, 01:54
It's there. For all of you who can't see it, do this:

1. Sign in and select from the crossword menus: genius + September. Find the front page and try to get the Java version.
2. Hit 'Print version'.
3. It will tell you it's not available yet. Laugh in its face and go to the address line and add any 3 numbers to the end of the address (maybe even 1 will work). This should show you the crossword grid and clues.

I've had some success with it and think I have the theme (but there are a lot to choose from if I'm right). But I'm tired & heading back to bed. Will have another look in the morning.

Good luck, all!
1 of 43  -   Report This Post

syzygy

2nd September 2013, 02:23
Yes, I did mention this last month, after doing a few tests.

One character will do: a, 1, whatever.
2 of 43  -   Report This Post

barryjbutler

2nd September 2013, 08:42
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but slogging through the Genius this month could be a waste of time if you want to enter for the prize. I located a printable grid via the search thingy. This helpfully also provided a link to the solution. I expect it will be declared null and void.
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd September 2013, 09:34
Nothing special for a Genius - more like a saturday Prize Guardian!
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd September 2013, 09:38
barryjbutler - oh,well, never mind not too much slogging at least - ddin't see your post till I'd finished!
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

livs

2nd September 2013, 10:29
bjb, are you sure about that? Or were you looking at the solution for August? What's the link?

I, too, came here after (nearly) finishing it, and since I can't send it in I don't care if they declare it null and void and (I hope) supply another one!

I have the two 4-letter ones in top L and bottom R corners left to do. All themes found including the 'roundabout' - quite entertaining, I thought.

Across
10 Formerly hearing old solvers' piercing "Ogre!", intermittently (4) OY--
29 Some Republicans settled an area bordering the Pacific (4) --EU

Down
2 OECD's minimum interest rate for commerce in the cloud's reduced by 33.33% (4) CI--
29 "Prepare to be shot", a writer''s said (4) --SE

Hints welcome.

syzygy, I wrote it out again in case anyone had forgotten how to do it, or not seen the discussion last month. I just tried it again using letters, and they appeared in order in the grid! So presumably one could fill in the entire grid that way. You still couldn't send it in, though...
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

livs

2nd September 2013, 10:30
Just saw 29D - why does that often happen?
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

livs

2nd September 2013, 10:34
Oh - and 29A. And my 25D was inventive but wrong.
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd September 2013, 10:35
livs - expect you have it now, 29a - I went with the country

10a - town crier?
2d It's an abbrev fot that interest rate, but also a common cloud missing its last 2 letters!
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

livs

2nd September 2013, 10:44
Cheers, sudokulover!

10A - wow, that's obscure!...

2D - ditto

I think I've finished the whole thing but I'm puzzled by bits of parsing. I've just had another go and still can't see them - next post.
10 of 43  -   Report This Post