CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

28th July 2013, 13:13
May I just briefly state my views on the crusade of late re postings (how many and where etc..)

I can see the motives are based on good judgement but it is to me at least becoming a bit tedious.

I am strongly in favour of the correct title being given and indeed the full clue, letter count and any placed - but to stress that all questions relating to a particular crossword be added to one thread seems rather over the top.

If one week the TIMES JUMBO CRYPTIC is very tough (as it can be) that thread could run into many pages, with persiflage mixed in it can become very difficult to keep track of, maybe I am alone in this.

I have visual problems so maybe as I say it affects me differently, but the albeit joking references to naughty steps and slapped wrists became a bit much yesterday.

Yours as ever Mamya ♥
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

mamya

28th July 2013, 13:19
Just to add, I do not expect any replies - as stated this is my own view. I have no wish to spoil Sunday's crosswording. :-)
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

malone

28th July 2013, 13:22
Mamya, I agree with some of your thoughts - it'd be very tricky indeed to read through it all if there were only one very long Times Jumbo Cryptic thread. It is annoying though when there are several threads that include queries already answered. And as someone who often needs help myself, I can't understand why solvers wouldn't look through the existing threads before posting, just to see if their query/clue has been dealt with.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

mamya

28th July 2013, 13:26
Malone, I do agree that repeated clues are a bit of a nuisance and as far as I can tell, the search on here is for 'Thread Titles' and not clues unlike other sites. One trick is to put the clue in Google and that can bring you here.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th July 2013, 13:54
Mamya, I agree with you that one long thread for each of the Jumbos would be rather too much to handle. But we should encourage members to use the "search" box. I am sorry if my one small joke regarding the step annoyed anyone, but I used that in a light-hearted way to get my point over, rather than appear too serious and bossy. I never mentioned slapped wrists. That was our new member who I welcomed to the forum. :)
5 of 5  -   Report This Post