CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

26th July 2013, 22:59
dja, I jokingly accused you of being in the pub - please accept my apologies and I sincerely hope your dad gets better soon.

r
71 of 90  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th July 2013, 23:00
Well, what a surprise. I'm NOT surprised that there were so many clues in the running though. Thanks to mrw and ixion and rambler (and dja!). You know, rambler, I think you'd be quite disappointed if you ran into my wife and me over there in your cosmopolitan milieu; we just don't fit your stereotype. :) Loved the clip.
72 of 90  -   Report This Post

rossim

26th July 2013, 23:07
@ theambler #13
James May is the co-presenter of Top Gear. Brian May was Queen's guitarist.
Did no one else notice or are you all too polite?!
73 of 90  -   Report This Post

rambler

26th July 2013, 23:14
aristo, in 1984 when our two children were growing up mrs rambler wanted to pursue her nursing career again full time. I resigned my job and we purchased Harlaxton Post Office. Now it happens that The University of Evansville has its British Campus at Harlaxton Manor and I got to know the students and staff pretty well over sixteen years. As I said before, I always picture you as Frasier Crane
74 of 90  -   Report This Post

les40

26th July 2013, 23:19
Well done aristo, great clue. Thanks for the vote aswell.
Cheers Rambler for setting the clue word that harvested such a diverse crop of excellent clues.

Rossim, I think it was noticed but we're not meant to comment on other's clues whilst in play.
75 of 90  -   Report This Post

ginge

26th July 2013, 23:24
Just what the doctor ordered aristo, nice
" prescription ".
76 of 90  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th July 2013, 23:25
Congrats, Aristo; thank you, rambler.
77 of 90  -   Report This Post

busby

26th July 2013, 23:33
Thanks to Rambler for the words, Thanks Bbm2 + Kiwikid for the vote and the mention. Congrats Aristo.
78 of 90  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th July 2013, 00:09
That's funny, rambler; someone else on the forum said the same thing- about Frasier. I'm taller, have more hair, and am more Nordic-looking. We do have the same piano (a Steinway B), and I too have a nice art collection. I don't think my speech is quite as prissy, though I don't often listen to it. :)
79 of 90  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

27th July 2013, 00:23
Regarding Evansville's British campus, I remember that the version of "Uncle Silas" with Peter O'Toole was filmed there.
80 of 90  -   Report This Post