CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

manic mary

15th July 2013, 19:15
Help me sdomebody I just donnt get this. Have done about 10 clues but the begining bit has me totaly confused. Sporry about being t hick.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

malone

15th July 2013, 19:23
Most people on this site are friendly and helpful - but they can't assist without the clues, information on the number of letters, details of any letters you have etc.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

15th July 2013, 19:25
Mary: unfortunately we don't all have the puzzle in front of us, otherwise maybe we could help you. Could you give us a few concrete examples of the clues, length of word, letters you've already got, and/or tell us more about the beginning, if that's something special?
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

15th July 2013, 22:32
Manic Mary. The biggest clue to the theme is in the preamble where it says. " ...the pseudonym by which Enigmatic Variations best know the subject of the puzzle." Other clues to get you on track are 26 and 34.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

15th July 2013, 22:33
Should say "enigmatic variations solvers". ^^^
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

manic mary

16th July 2013, 11:39
Thank u cloverjo will try again. SOrry malone and others its a w hole load of clues with somewierd clues too many to type up. just hoping f or some help from someone who does it but thanks.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

malcolmd

17th July 2013, 16:41
Hi Manic Mary, do you understand the rubric?
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

manic mary

17th July 2013, 19:05
Im afraid I dont, I can't make head or tail of it. Im finding this very hard indeed and if anyonecan give me a clue it would be great. Thank you.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

18th July 2013, 07:34
Manic Mary, it is a bit tricky keeping track of the different classes of clues. I found it helpful to write down in clue order the clue numbers for each quadrant, where the answers are wholly within that quadrant. Six of these clues each have a single letter misprint. Without wanting to give too much away, these spell out a ROLE that the subject had in life e.g type of job, hobby, skill. One ROLE per quadrant. The remaining two clues have answers that give hints about the role.
I also wrote down, in clue order, the clue numbers of the the remaining clues; the ones where the answers straddle two quadrants. In these the wordplay gives the answer plus a letter that is not entered. These spell out a definition of the word that is "...the pseudonym by which EV solvers best know the subject." Hth.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

18th July 2013, 07:45
Sorry. Where I said the misprints spell out a role, I should have said "corrections to misprints".
10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1079