CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drvirgil

1st July 2013, 18:40
Given the difficulty of the last few listeners, this was relatively straightforward, but I am unconvinced that I have got the very final step right. Without giving too much away (I hope)....
The 'thematic' word which may optionally be highlighted is clearly the word across in row 5...I'm presuming the colour is the colour of the 'thematic object' beginning with 'M'?
As for the 6-charactered achievement, I'm leaning towards 5 letters and 1 number. The first 4 letters are an abbreviation of the company NG worked for and the rest refers directly to the title of the puzzle.
Has anyone else interpreted it like this?
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

slimpickens

1st July 2013, 20:23
I would suggest highlighting one of the words in row 6, not 5.
To get the six characters you need, enter your 'thematic object' beginning with M; the date (given by the extra word's second letters) and NG into a search engine of your choice. You should then be able to find out what particular achievement happened on that date.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st July 2013, 20:29
I have another theory about the highlighting. I highlighted in blue the answer to 8 down.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

drvirgil

1st July 2013, 21:46
Unclued - I am sure you are right...in the last half hour I have discovered a nickname for the thematic object beginning with 'M' which makes it all clear...

Slimpickens...thanks for the nudge re the achievement....

All done now...I hope!!
4 of 4  -   Report This Post