CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

s137249

29th June 2013, 20:50
Hi,

My friend and I have recently been getting to grips with the world of cryptic crosswording and he has posed me the following clue:

Feel corn in a scattered city (8)

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I just wanted to get some feedback on whether you guys got it ok and if the clue has been structured correctly/any tips for improvement?

He was quite keen to form a clue with that precise answer so if you have any alternative suggestions this would also be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

malone

29th June 2013, 20:57
I have to say I found it at the simpler end of the scale - it was obviously an anagram ('scattered').
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

s137249

29th June 2013, 21:07
Thank you. I think I should have added, this particular clue was intended for someone who isn't very knowledgable when it comes to crosswording either!
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th June 2013, 22:34
there are some v good setters on this forum, not me tho.
for what it' s worth, i think - Feel corn scattered for a city (8) would work better, just because of where the anagram indicator is placed.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

rossim

29th June 2013, 23:13
Yes, according to convention, the anagram indicator should be placed next to the word(s) to be anagrammed and the definition should be either right at the beginning or right at the end of the clue.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post