CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

22nd May 2013, 17:27
Didn't realise it might be a quiz Jazzgirl with its title of 'wordplay'. I'll have to be extra vigilant in future.
Did you have the same answer Andyc?
I feel if not, you can't really say now. Yes or No will do?
11 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd May 2013, 17:30
No Les, but I've dropped some big clues for the answer and solution I have.
12 of 18  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd May 2013, 17:34
pastiche - have you no response to jazzgirl's query?
can i ask why you think it might end in LE?
also, if i understood the question, shouldn't we be looking for an ending that works with each of letters put at the front but is not a word in itself, until rearranged?
cor blimey!
13 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd May 2013, 17:34
Now that we've 'burst the bubble' I feel I should respond to your post Pastiche. If you read my post above for Jear, you will see it is in fact a word and apart from the Pronouns of King Lear and Edward Lear, lear itself is a perfectly fair word with two (seperate entries) meanings in the Chambers. one archaic and one another variant spelling.
I now feel that 'Ear' may be wrong because of the rare words that it forms but feel I had to defend my earlier post as a fair first guess.
14 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastiche

22nd May 2013, 17:38
managed to find the answer. Thanks for your suggestions. Better not give the answer otherwise it will upset the Quiz police! The letter R proved to be the not so common word!
15 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd May 2013, 17:40
I think I'll make an onion sandwich
16 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd May 2013, 17:40
Oh as in knight!
17 of 18  -   Report This Post

aldobear

23rd May 2013, 01:47
This will almost certainly be a question from Great Fun Quiz where the setter has asked/requested that his questions are not asked on Q&A sites. Pastiche knows this only too well and is a serial abuser of this request - hence why the name of the quiz was presumably omitted.
18 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Wordplay