CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

30th April 2013, 18:02
I am filling in the unchecked letters at the end of this crossword and there seems to be two possible outcomes for placing the letters I, L, N, O and T in the unclued words. Can anyone explain what's going on here? Thanks a lot.
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

1st May 2013, 08:40
If you email me on daniel.angel@btopenworld.com I can give you some help that was given to me
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

leon

1st May 2013, 12:09
unclued, it is completely logical if you work through the letters which can or cant be used, ( a friend explained it to me and it seemed to make sense), I don't think I could explain it, but I don't mind giving the 'squashed' books I have on this thread
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

cruciverbalist

1st May 2013, 15:50
As an example, if the book were W(RI)GG(LE) A(ND) R(OA)R, with the 2 letters in each set of brackets squashed into one cell, the letters ultimately found in their cells would be I, E, D and A.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st May 2013, 16:10
Thanks everyone. I only do these puzzles for fun and I don't always get the hang of the "language" that is used in the introductions to them.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd May 2013, 00:36
I am, at last, close to finishing thanks to the hints here, after being stuck for ages with just a few clues solved.
I have two clues left: 23 and 24. I have used the crossword solver on this site and a Scrabble solver but cant find any suitable words. Can anyone give me a hint please?
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

leon

2nd May 2013, 10:16
many thanks cruciverbalist, so much for my friends
so called logic
cloverjo, 23a definition is links, 24d is a compound first letter H, both in bradfords, hope this is enough if not let me know
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd May 2013, 14:14
Thanks Leon. I think I have the compound now. Still struggling with the other. Is this a golf links or something else? I don't have Bradford's.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd May 2013, 15:24
Hi

It's a chemical link

Begins with H and as the last e missing to fit in the grid
Think Latin for 6
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd May 2013, 15:25
Got it now, I think. Thank you.
10 of 12  -   Report This Post