CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

betty

24th April 2013, 15:52
Please can anyone help with this clue. I've read the hints already posted but I'm still completely stuck. I must be missing something.
30. Kid is heading for row, taking in stray dog. (3,7)
And I'm also stuck with "kennelmaid"for 28, just like everyone else.
Thanks in advance.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th April 2013, 16:04
kid = fox; err = stray; row = tier; fox t(err)ier = FOX TERRIER = dog
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th April 2013, 16:06
PS. What's the clue for kennel maid (and the letters prior to solving)?
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

ab

24th April 2013, 16:15
It's a quiz Jolan and so no letters.
The question is 'She can help to accommodate Danes' (10)- I offered "kennelmaid" (as Great Danes can be accommodated by her. Nobody seemed to be convinced.
I had a vague memory of seeing it in a crossword and sure enough in December 2012 in the UK Daily Telegraph there was
3d Woman helping to accommodate Danes ? (10)
{ KENNELMAID } – a cryptic definition of a young woman who is employed by an establishment where Great Danes, among others, are boarded or bred.

So who knows? Could still be wrong answer.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th April 2013, 16:59
Ah! Thanks ab. Yep! kennelmaid seems a very good answer. I'm just peeking in from time to time [ :) ] today. Hence the failure to reply. CU
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

betty

25th April 2013, 14:11
Jolan, thanks for your answer. I had thought fox terrier was an option just because the words fitted, but I couldn't make the clue fit. So many thanks.
I note you also agree with kennelmaid for 28 but I don't think it quite fits. After all, kennelmaids look after many sorts of dogs - not just Danes. So I'll keep working on it. But thanks again.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post