CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

10th January 2013, 23:17
Hello there

Just spent a very pleasant evening at the Gardyne theatre in Dundee watching a preview of the first two episodes of Bob Servant Independant, a new BBC comedy.( Bob is now turning to polititics.)

Some time ago I got myself into trouble by waxing lyrical about the original book " Delete at your Peril" by Neil Fergusson. A tale of a bored retiree tackling email fraudsters.

It was eventually turned into a radio series which is being repeated on radio Scotland starting tomorrow @ 1.45. Please try and catch it. It is hilarious, and Brian Cox stars...woowoo.

The tv series starts at the end of the month on BBC scotland, and then on BBC 4 next month....I thoroughly recommend it....many many laughs.

Mmmm I sound like an advert for the beeb...

Just wanted to share...and the link below is a "Blast from the Past.

http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/130315/offset/40
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th January 2013, 23:20
Okay I've fluffed it again....the link takes you to the last page.....but you know what to do...x
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

tonyw

10th January 2013, 23:28
Pasty;tasty ,but may contain nuts!!
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

10th January 2013, 23:28

bullfrog

11th January 2013, 07:49
Ha that WAS a blast from the past! Wonder whatever happened to 'gerry'...
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

emrach

11th January 2013, 10:41
Hi Pastille - looks like my sort of thing. Is it just me or is Cox's scottish accent stronger than normal !!!

Wow that was certainly a lively thread -think it was probably before my time - what we would call a wind-up merchant xxx
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

emrach

11th January 2013, 10:53
PS Won't read the book as I made the mistake of recently reading Rankins Open doors then watched it on TV - The book was so much better and it spoiled my enjoyment of watching it xx
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th January 2013, 16:12
Hello emrach...agree with your view on ?"Open Doors"... But Bob Servant Independent was written for television.

The book " Delete at your Peril" was the one I was recommending ....now being repeated on the radio.

I recorded it earlier and looking forward to it muchly...
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

emrach

11th January 2013, 16:19
Thanks for clearing that up although after re-reading your post you made it quite clear!! K eep calling it open doors of course it was Doors open - not one of my brightest days Enjoy the recording x
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

12th January 2013, 15:45
Last time I am going to try and tout this.....honest.

Just listened on catch up to the Bob Servart Emails on BBC radio Scotland. Available for another 6 days.

Give yourself a treat....
10 of 10  -   Report This Post