CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

9th January 2013, 18:47
Many congrats, RE, and well chosen, peterm - and thanks for the clip

btw.....was receive spelled incorrectly?
71 of 91  -   Report This Post

ixion

9th January 2013, 19:14
Congratulations Reduntantelf and well done Peterm for a fruitful choice of word.
72 of 91  -   Report This Post

mrw

9th January 2013, 19:30
Well done redundantelf. Good word peterm.
73 of 91  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

9th January 2013, 19:48
Nice work redundantelf !
74 of 91  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th January 2013, 19:50
Congratulations, redundantelf, and thanks to peterm for coming out of the shadows (a wee bit- we at least know that you've slid into the company of SmartPhone users) to judge, and for the mention. Yes, chrise, I was going to ask if you guys spell receive differently over there.
75 of 91  -   Report This Post

theambler

9th January 2013, 20:26
Congrats RDNTLF
Btw Aristo
My clue was based largely on the smart phone entry in WIKI.
The anagram I found in Universal Cross.. solver Couldnt resist it!!!! Knew that absolutely no one would be offended on theological grounds.
I have a small framed lithograph showing a youthful cleric-like chappie on a bicycle circa 1930 Advertising the Northampton Cycle Co of Northampton , Massachusets.
I bought it in Bruges!!!! because I am from Northampton Uk ( at least the shire)
Ever heard of it??
YRS
Thea
76 of 91  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th January 2013, 20:41
I didn't know there was a bicycle manufacturer there. I certainly know the town. It's on the Connecticut River and it's very hip, the home of Smith College (one of the Seven Sisters- you know, Wellesley, Bryn Mawr, etc.). There was a very quirky movie filmed there a few years back, "Young at Heart", about an elderly singing group. I found a cycle poster online, a sort of Art Deco thing, quite nice- perhaps the one you have.
77 of 91  -   Report This Post

theambler

9th January 2013, 20:53
Hi Ario
Yes I just found it too offered by CafePress for £14.

Dont you think he looks like me - well, not so young looking but same style (esp the hat)
Thea
78 of 91  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th January 2013, 20:59
I'd say you're a little jauntier. The price is no doubt for a reproduction. Is yours a an oldie?
79 of 91  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th January 2013, 21:04
And channeling Mae West... Is that a pyx in your pocket?
80 of 91  -   Report This Post