CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

4th January 2013, 23:35
Just to remind all my friends and cronies!!!

The 12th night of Christmas is tomorrow Sat Jan 5th

Because Sun Jan 6th is the feast of the Epiphany( and not Christmas any more)

So tomorrow get rid of all those trees, baubles, strings of cards,etc
THEA
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

pastille

4th January 2013, 23:41
...or what shall happen???
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th January 2013, 23:46
You'll have to wait and see, pastille. My family, in accordance with Swedish custom, always put the tree up on Christmas Eve and took it down for Epiphany. Let us know, p (if you haven't been dematerialized)!
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

pastille

5th January 2013, 00:41
Oh dear...seriously "worried"....x
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

theambler

5th January 2013, 18:48
I'll be straight up Pastille with a bottle of Holy Water and some black plastic bags.
Meet yoy a'Tap o t Law!!!!!
LOL and best wishes for 2013
Thea
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

theambler

5th January 2013, 18:54
Hi Aristo
My friend insisted on keeping all the decos up till Candlemas!!!!! (40 days of semi-christmas.
Did that plowable snow arrive?
Kind regards
Thea
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

5th January 2013, 19:07
We got eight or nine inches but it wasn't plowable, only because my plow wouldn't start. I spent the following couple of days toying with the carburetor and am ready for anything now- even Epiphany!
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

redcoral

5th January 2013, 19:50
Just to throw in another thought ....... Christmastide actually goes on until 2nd February! Although we have tended to remove the decorations by 6th January around the house!
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

rosalind

5th January 2013, 22:12
Nothing to remove, take down etc!
If we had that amount of snow, aristo, the whole country would come to a stop forthwith!
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th January 2013, 19:06
Good evening Thea and Mr A....you may be glad to know that my Christmas cards, baubles, tree and finery are now down and packed up....

...and it had nothing to do with my very fetching red gingham stags head spontaneously falling off the wall. Not a thing.

I did however leave up my ( what I am now calling ) winter fairy lights because they are so pretty....

Best to you both.....x
10 of 17  -   Report This Post