CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

20th December 2012, 22:05
Ok everyone,

I have now replied to all the emails so check your inboxes. I'm busy now so will catch up again tomorrow.
40 clues are locked and loaded
11 of 24  -   Report This Post

les40

21st December 2012, 23:44
Joint Effort update.

Thanks for all your emails and patience. I have quite a lot of the clues in now and done most of the feedback.
Please could the following check their emails
lostintranslation
bobs mum
Rosalind

Also, a quick shout to peterm, hope things are ok peterm, I haven't heard from you with any clues yet, hope it's just that you are making them to your usual high standard, still a couple of days left yet but would like to know if you're ok pal.

Thanks, Les40
12 of 24  -   Report This Post

peterm

22nd December 2012, 09:44
I'm good Les. Sorry for prevarication but have been a bit tied up this week. Will get something to you by close of play today.
13 of 24  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd December 2012, 10:40
Good to hear peterm, no worries about rushing things if you're on with it, I need everything finished for a Sunday night deadline to get it out for Monday (Xmas eve)
14 of 24  -   Report This Post

peterm

22nd December 2012, 14:36
Les - just sent mine off to you.
15 of 24  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd December 2012, 19:00
Was worried about your low profile, peterm, but figured you were luxuriating in Corfu again (or something). Nice to know you'll be doing devious things with JE after all.
16 of 24  -   Report This Post

peterm

22nd December 2012, 19:48
Thanks for your concern, aristo, but no such luck I'm sorry to say. I've just got a lot on at the moment, much of it down to trying to deal with my ageing dad. He's 92 years old and beginning to show it.
17 of 24  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd December 2012, 20:54
Glad to hear you're well otherwise, peterm. I too have been swamped, and that's partly because of my 86-year-old mother, whose house and land I always have to see to. Even though there are major things to deal with it's the petty things that drive me crazy. She'll call and say something like "There's a dead mouse in the set tubs," (in her cellar) "someone's going to have to get rid of it." My sister (who lives in the city, far enough away to be spared these frequent calls) thinks it's a riot, and has taken to calling me Someone.
18 of 24  -   Report This Post

syzygy

23rd December 2012, 10:52
@peterm Don't mean to give you a hard time but at post #13 you used the word "prevarication". I trust you weren't lying about something (-; and meant "procrastination".

Had to fly down to sunny (* ?) NZ, also dealing with an elderly parent. Dad had a few minor strokes. Still fairly lucid but no longer able to keep house.

* we're in for several more days of storms:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/new-zealand-tornado-deaths-auckland

19 of 24  -   Report This Post

peterm

23rd December 2012, 13:01
Why thank you syz. That's exactly what I meant. I've been misusing that word for years - it explains a lot.
20 of 24  -   Report This Post