CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bozwald

21st November 2012, 14:08
Red Coral - I don't think it is you getting dimmer! There were letters in the Times 3-4 weeks ago complaining that the crosswords were getting too easy and I think we are seeing the response to that.
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

doglet

21st November 2012, 16:51
I am so glad that other people think it is getting harder I thought perhaps it was just me, we have a new puppy and my brain is turning to mush
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

ariel

21st November 2012, 18:33
I like doglet having a new doglet! But I agree answers are becoming nore obscure. It was meant to be something to dash off quite quickly.
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

johnnycake

21st November 2012, 20:05
Definitely getting harder-last two or three words quite difficult to get compared with two months ago.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

doglet

22nd November 2012, 07:04
what doglet have you got ariel ours is an airedale who is already a hooligan at 12 weeks so my nice quiet crossword time has gone
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd November 2012, 08:59
On the other hand, if it`s too easy there`s no satisfaction. My local supermarket gave me a free DT. The `easy` crossword was ludicrously simple; it`s so long since I`ve done a DT I`ve forgotten the compiler`s method so I could do very little on the cryptic one! mags.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

redcoral

22nd November 2012, 09:32
Well I can never do cryptic anyway so the easy option is all my poor ancient brain can tackle ..... & no I do not have a dog to distract me! It's all I can do to get around myself (arthritis) without coping with a puppy !
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd November 2012, 11:11
Hi Redcoral. I thought you do the Radio Times cryptic?
I sympathise with you re arthritis - me too. It`s changed my life. mags.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

redcoral

22nd November 2012, 14:39
No I don't even get the radio Times! The times 2daily & the Jumbo on Saturday are my limit! Does anyone else find this weather really miserable ....... dank, wet, windy & miserably cold. My wretched heating is working properly either which doesn't help. Roll on next summer !!! I really love the sunshine but although we live in attractive Dorset .... It's not very lovely at present!
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

ariel

22nd November 2012, 15:39
Doglet

We have a definitely middle aged cocker spaniel who still has his moments of madness. Sulking at the moment though - just back from the vets for booster injection! On the subject of T2 getter harder I've made no impact on todays.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post