CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

2nd November 2012, 22:45
Evening all,

Here is the solution page for this month's Joint Effort.
Thanks again to all the clue setters who got involved with some truly exquisite and impressive wordplay, and to all that had a go at solving it too.
I will forward all the wordplay over to AB tomorrow as he has (again) thankfully volunteered to produce the wordplay files for you to peruse.
A few question marks raised again this month, but hey! It just wouldn't be the Joint Effort without the odd polemical point to get you scratching your heads. Overall though, I feel it was another success.
Next month will be the Christmas special and the 12 month anniversary of the Joint Effort and will be a bigger grid to last over the festive period so I would like all present and past setters to consider getting involved as more clues will be available.

Thanks again, Les40

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18643289/Joint%20Effort%20November%202012%20SOLUTION.pdf

PS. My Op went Ok this morning but now starting to feel a bit achy. Thanks for peoples concerns, hopefully will be better tomorrow.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd November 2012, 01:29
Glad to hear you're OK after the op, Les.
Must check here more often, but the forum seems so cluttered these days.

Finished this bear a couple of hours ago -- not much time lately. Some spots were a real struggle.

2 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

3rd November 2012, 07:34
I didn't realise that you needed an op, Les, but I'm very pleased to hear that it went well.

Not 100% this time - two crossers wrong (one only partly) - but I wasn't confident.

Looking forward to the bumper Christmas edition!
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

3rd November 2012, 15:09
Thanks Les

Didn't know you were under the knife, glad to hear it went OK...I see I got Aristo's 44D wrong - stuck at lisps and missed the clever expressing bit falling for the "camp" surface.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

3rd November 2012, 15:15
Best wishes, Les. Only one mistake: I had Herefordshire. Still have a few questions.
You've made my day, ixion.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

jws

3rd November 2012, 16:43
Thanks Les, glad to hear you are ok after your op.

I managed about 90%, which is good for me where the JE is concerned.

Looking forward to the Xmas grid.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

3rd November 2012, 16:49
Hi aristo
Herefordhsire is my mistake rather than yours - nothing (apart from some discussion on the original thread) to indicate which answer was correct!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

les40

3rd November 2012, 16:56
Cheers guys, I had a lump in the man-area and they cut it out yesterday morning, but I'm stitched up and ready to go now.
i'm popping out for a bit to have tea and then will be contacting AB with the wordplay stuff, so stay tuned for later.
I'll be starting the Christmas Grid in a couple of weeks to give us plenty of time for publish.
aristo et al, I think the Here/Hertfordshire clue can be accepted whichever you picked because they are both correct answers.

Back later, Les40
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

paul

3rd November 2012, 22:48
Op ed?

Get well soon Les!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post