CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

31st October 2012, 13:43
Mr Google (via the Urban Dictionary) did, though - I've really never heard it before.
81 of 85  -   Report This Post

rosalind

31st October 2012, 13:49
Giving up.....
82 of 85  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st October 2012, 16:14
@ chrise:sorry mine held you up so long -- have only just clocked in & noticed your problem.Hope it's all comprehensible now incl. the detail "'ow" (already correctly explained). My only 2 wrong were 41d as well (didn't know the "saying" at all, entered "income" with some justification as I thought, then found the solution too late by googling -- it is there); and then 44 which I had understood 3/4 of, but of course that wasn't enough. Must say I don't have your patience to struggle for days on end & was satisfied considering the total result.I do tend to move on to other puzzles & quizzes (there are so many worth doing)& at the moment we have a very good friend here for a week. Nevertheless sorry I didn't jump in & help you immediately!
83 of 85  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st October 2012, 16:17
Hi GK
No need to apologise - after the first burst (which filled in about 3/4) I've only been looking at it from time to time.

I now have the satisfaction of a letter in every box, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if some are the wrong letters!
84 of 85  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st October 2012, 16:20
Your other one I had trouble with - 17dn - the cause was entirely having "visit" in for 17ac - I thought that with the addition of O and R (hinted in the clue) it would give VISITOR - an "emmet" in Cornwall. Once kind forum members corrected me on this, I got yours quite quickly (and liked it!)
85 of 85  -   Report This Post