CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

28th October 2012, 23:03
Hi Arri
Been looking at the maps and weather satellite pics for your bit of coast. It certainly looks big/wide and waterry.
4-7 inches is a lot of water.
Not much you can do about outages so keep the powder dry and the generator cable.
Dont take risks Remember the pets - I mean the animal ones. And dont go down the Mall for a loaf of bread -starve!!!!
All the best from Super Hadrianus Vallum
And Mrs Thea who is worrying
Yours
Thea
1 of 2  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th October 2012, 00:29
Why thank you, THEA. They're predicting only a couple of inches of rain for our part of Massachusetts, and we aren't in a floodplain anyway. Also, we're a bit inland, about fifteen miles from Narragansett Bay (my mother-in-law, however, lives right on Block Island Sound, where they're expecting severe winds and flooding). Our main concern is the huge trees that surround our house. This is getting to be a bit much- two hurricanes in two years; the previous big one was Gloria in 1985. Ah well, as long as I can print out the November Joint Effort everything should be OK (others should be so lucky). No pets to worry about now; our beloved (and very old) beagle died in July. Best to Mrs. THEA.
2 of 2  -   Report This Post