CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terrier

1st October 2012, 20:20
I seem to have solved this without really knowing how. I've completed the grid and found the 5 theme words and the 2-word phrase which describes them, all of which seem very obvious, but I have not knowingly made the "one update" which the preamble states is required. If anybody has completed this one, could they shed any light? I'm guessing it may be something to do with 11a, which IMO can only be one word (one of the thematics), but whose wordplay makes no sense to me.
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

malone

1st October 2012, 20:47
I no longer have the paper, but I think you've got it right! The answer to 11 A would actually be a 5 letter word - the answer you've (probably) put in is the only word that fits. From Google I found out that the 5 letter word was what 11 A was orginally going to be called. The 'timely' refers to the 7-letter answer. Let me know if this helps.
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

terrier

1st October 2012, 21:57
Thanks malone, this all makes sense now, but I must say I am not very impressed when the puzzle can be fully solved without one knowing how!
3 of 3  -   Report This Post